Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Creating Pins



I recently took a webinar on creating pins for Pinterest. I didn't even know you could make your own pins! As I listened to the hostess, I couldn't believe this wasn't something I've been doing all along. Since I found Canva several months ago, I've been creating my own posts. You may have seen several of them on Facebook and Instagram. But I never knew I could create pins! How fun.


Now, I won't lie. It is a bit tricky to figure out exactly how to pin them properly, but I learn as I go. I created my first pin to advertise my newsletter to new and future readers. I created what I wanted on Canva, went to my Pinterest account, selected "upload an image" from the Pin icon, and selected the image. Now, here's what threw me: When I selected "view pin," I saw a blank pin. But, now I know to refresh the page and I'll see my latest creation. I then, added the URL I wanted the pin to link to. It's so much fun!

Here are a few tips I learned about creating pins from the webinar:


  • Choose the type of headline you want to use
  • Choose the image format you want to use
  • When creating product pins (these are what I create), pick your layout, add a human element, add an inspirational quote, demonstrate how the product can be used.
  • Think outside the box.
Here are the two pins I've created so far:






If you're interested in learning more about creating pins, check out the webinar.

Have you created your own pins? I'd love to see them! Post them in the comments, and I'll give them a like.

No comments:

Post a Comment