Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday Snack



One of my favorite appetizer's is Chili's Skillet Queso. I've always wanted to try it at home, but the closest I could get was mixing a can of chili with cubes of cheddar in a pot on the stove. Well, I just found this recipe from CopyKat Recipes and I realized what I was doing wrong. Can you find my mistake? I'll have to try it this way next time:



Ingredients

  • 1 (2-pound) block Velveeta cheese, diced
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans Hormel No-Bean Chili
  • Corn tortilla chips, for serving

Instructions

Heat the ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring often, or in a slow cooker for a few hours. For the most accurate texture, you should puree the cooked sauce in a blender.

Serve with heated corn tortilla chips. If you want to serve this just like Chili’s, serve it in a warmed cast-iron skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment