Thursday, February 11, 2016

Building My Vocabulary



There are some words I've heard here and there in books, on TV, in movies and listening to teens talk that I've really been trying to figure out, "What is that?" So, I decided to take a page from my school days and look them up. Here is my first word:

Bae - according to Urban Dictionary, this acronym stands for "before anyone else." Although the definition goes on to say it's also a shortenend version of baby or babe, or another word for sweetie, I like to think of it like this:

"Before anyone else" does not have to be a significant other, a.k.a., boyfriend or girlfriend. Bae can be whomoever you put first in your life, be it a romantic partner, best friend, or even a sibling. Your Bae is the first person you think of in the morning, and the last person you think of at night. He/she is the one you would do anything for. My bae is my husband.

What does bae mean to you? Do you have a bae in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment