I love mozzarella sticks, don't you? My favorite is from Denny's, so I was delighted when I found this recipe on Replica Recipes:
1/4 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp milk
1 package mozzarella string cheese
2 cups oil
Place flour in one dish, bread crumbs in another
Whisk eggs & milk together
Coat cheese in flour, then egg, then bred crumbs
Repeat in egg and bread crumbs
Heat oil in skillet
Cook 1 minute or until golden on all sides
I don't use the sauce, but you may like to, so here you go:
For Marinara Sauce
- 1 large (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 or more cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. basil
- 1-1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. anise or fennel seeds (optional)
- Heat oil; then lightly brown garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mozzarella sticks or over your favorite pasta.