Thursday, February 18, 2016

Building My Vocabulary




Time to learn another "teen" word! Today's pick is:

Hangry - a mix of hunger and anger, as in "I need to eat, I'm getting hangry" (lovetoknow.com)

I so get this! There are times when I'm working on a project and I forget to eat. Literally, I. Forget. To. Eat. Crazy.......

Well, then the time comes for my body to tap me on the shoulder and say, "Hey, dummy, you need to eat!" OK then. Next either comes extreme hunger, an upset stomach because I'm over-hungry, lightheadedness, or grouchiness - hence, hangry.

If my hubby's around when this happens, he'll tell me I need to eat. If I'm feeling any of the first three symptoms, he's safe. "Yes, I know," I say, preparing to head to the kitchen to find some food.

But... Yeah, you got it. If I'm hangry, look out. I'll start scowling and tell him to leave me alone.

So, yes, this is definitely going on my vocabulary list.

What's your fave teen lingo? I'd love to learn more from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment